Start Date: June or July 2019
Location: Boston, MA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Experience: Entry level
Who We Are
The Environmental Voter Project is a cutting-edge nonprofit that leverages data analytics and behavioral science to get environmentalists to vote. Our goal is not to change the way anybody thinks about climate change or the environment; rather, our goal is to find already persuaded environmentalists who aren’t voting and then turn them into consistent super-voters. With a national network of over 2,200 volunteers, EVP is achieving dramatic results in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, and Pennsylvania, and we have plans for further expansion. In 2018, The New York Times named our Executive Director one of five global climate visionaries because of EVP’s ground-breaking work.
The Campaign Associate will work closely with EVP’s Executive Director, Organizing Director, and Field & Data Director to support each aspect of the Environmental Voter Project’s work. In particular, you will assist with volunteer recruitment, volunteer training, member communications, election research, field campaign management, data management, and office operations, quickly learning about every aspect of cutting-edge voter mobilization work. This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Entry level, but some campaign experience is a plus
- Genuine passion for political campaigns and environmental issues
- Ability to pay close attention to detail (proof-reading, following instructions, tracking and executing multiple short-term and long-term tasks, etc.)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Helpful Skills: expertise/experience with graphic design, voter file software (NGP/VAN/VoteBuilder), Excel, MS Word, Google Sheets, SQL, and volunteer engagement
This is a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer competitive salary, health insurance benefits, and paid family leave, as well as 2.5 weeks paid vacation plus 10 paid holidays.
The Environmental Voter Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kate Heffernan at firstname.lastname@example.org