Summer 2019 Intern
The Environmental Voter Project is looking for highly-motivated undergraduates to join our selective Summer Internship Program. Interns will work closely with the Field Director and the CEO to learn about subjects such as field campaigning, nonprofit communications and data analytics. Interns will be expected to devote time to field outreach, senior staff support, event planning, research, and drafting of membership communications, blog posts, and stakeholder presentations. In addition to gaining valuable nonprofit advocacy skills, interns will become talented organizers and political operatives by learning the nuts and bolts of nonprofit work and electoral campaigning from an exciting and innovative organization. We are seeking responsible, motivated candidates who can commit to 24-32 hours per week for this program. This is an unpaid internship in Boston, MA.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Recruit and cultivate volunteers
- Manage and participate in voter registration and canvassing
- Track field operations and enter information into databases and dashboards
- Participate in community events
- Research and draft memos
- Draft membership emails, stakeholder memos, and blog posts
- Attend professional seminars
- Research public relations opportunities
- Outreach to college and university groups
- Support Senior Staff in preparing for important events
- Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter
- An interest in environmental issues or politics
- An outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to represent the Environmental Voter Project in a professional manner at all times
- Hours (weekly): 24-32 hours per week.
- During Business Hours? Yes
- Nights and Weekends? Occasionally
- Start Dates: late May
- Minimum Time Commitment: 10-12 weeks
Interns will receive significant training in all aspects of field work, organizing, voter outreach, issues research, and membership communications.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Peter Polga-Hecimovich at firstname.lastname@example.org.