Climate change is big and scary, and as we look ahead to a Trump presidency, many of us are struggling to figure out how we, as individuals, can have a real impact on climate policies.
But there's one thing that each of us can do right now.
It only takes 2 minutes and it will have a big impact.
Click here and pledge to vote in every election - local, state, and federal.
Yep, that's all.
I know...I know...you're wondering how signing a simple online pledge will actually make a difference in the fight against climate change. But it will make a big difference, and here's why.
- One of the biggest reasons local, state, and federal policy-makers don't address climate change is that voters aren't forcing them to address it. In every poll of likely voters, voters list climate change as one of their lowest priorities.
- Why don't voters prioritize climate change? Because we have a "turnout" problem -- the people who care most about climate change don't vote. In fact, 15.78 million people who deeply care about climate change didn't vote in the 2014 midterm elections, and the Environmental Voter Project estimates that over 10 million didn't vote in the 2016 Presidential election.
- Our people aren't showing up to vote, so we're using this simple pledge to help you show up...to every single election.
- Studies have shown that if you sign this pledge to vote (and then we remind you of the pledge before each election), your likelihood of voting skyrockets. It's an easy, effective way to help you be a more consistent voter.
- Are you already a perfect voter? Please sign the pledge anyway! The more people who pledge to vote, the easier it is to convince others to join you!
Click here and pledge to be an Environmental Voter today.
It's a simple, easy, and impactful New Year's Resolution.
And it's never been more important.
Make a difference in 2017